Some lines of current affairs 08 February 2024 news
- The government will set up Integrative Medicine Centers in all public hospitals nationwide.
- The first Tourism Working Group Meeting will be officially launched in Dhordo, Gujarat.
- The Ayushman Bharat Digital Mission has reached a milestone of connecting 20 crore health records digitally.
- India has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Indonesia-Malaysia-Thailand Growth Triangle Joint Business Council to encourage the use of energy-efficient practices.
- The Delhi High Court has ruled that conducting virginity tests on women is sexist and unconstitutional.
- 108 Buddhist pilgrims from South Korea will embark on a 43-day, 1167 km pilgrimage walk.
- 1The government plans to issue Sovereign Green Bonds worth Rs 16,000 crore this year to support eco-friendly infrastructure.
- India leads in global milk production, contributing 24 percent of the total.
- The Finance Ministry will think about lowering the 28% Goods and Services Tax on cement.
- The Ministry of Tourism and Culture confirms that foreign tourists shopping in India won’t be exempt from the Goods and Services Tax (GST).
- U.K. Prime Minister Rishi Sunak reshuffled his Cabinet and established new government departments.
- The death toll from the significant earthquakes in Turkey and Syria has risen to almost 8,000.
- According to the WHO, the earthquakes in Turkey and Syria could impact up to 23 million people.
- Myanmar and Russia have agreed to collaborate on developing nuclear power.
- The International Hockey Federation (FIH) has revealed the rules for qualifying for the Olympic hockey tournaments in Paris 2024.
- Maharashtra secured the top spot in the medal table at the 5th Khelo India Youth Games, with Madhya Pradesh and Haryana coming in second and third, respectively.