Some lines of current affairs 09 February 2024 news
- The government deleted all contact-tracing data from the Aarogya Setu app.
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi wore a jacket made from recycled plastic bottles, gifted by the Indian Oil Corporation at India Energy Week in Bengaluru.
- Ashwini Vaishnaw, the Union Minister for Electronics and Information Technology, will inaugurate the Digital Payments Utsav.
- As part of the ODOP – Districts as Export Hubs initiative, products with export potential have been identified in all 765 districts.
- According to ICRA, domestic air passenger traffic surged by 96% in January to reach 1.25 crore.
- RBI raises Repo Rate by 0.25% to 6.5% in its Monetary Policy Statement.
- Lendingkart, a digital platform for small businesses, buys personal loan provider Upwards.
- Microsoft plans to discontinue the free version of Teams (Classic) starting April 12.
- SEBI permits 39 entities to utilize Aadhaar Authentication for e-KYC.
- CBDT issues new guidelines to simplify digital economy tax procedures.
- Over 15,000 people have died in the earthquake in Turkey and Syria, with rescue workers saying the number could go up.
- India started ‘Operation Dost’ to help Turkey and Syria after the big earthquake.
- Ukrainian President Zelensky asked for British fighter jets during his visit to London.
- The ICC Women’s T20 World Cup begins in South Africa with the opening match between the host team and Sri Lanka. Yuki Bhambri and Saketh Myneni defeated Christopher Eubanks and Marcos Giron in the first round of ATP tennis in Dallas, USA.